The Federation of Massage Therapy Regulatory Authorities of Canada (FOMTRAC) is the national organization for massage therapy regulators in Canada. We represent the provincial agencies that regulate massage therapy under legislative authority. Our goal is to promote consistency and excellence in regulating massage therapy across Canada. Our members include:
- College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia
- College of Massage Therapists of New Brunswick
- College of Massage Therapists of Newfoundland/Labrador
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- College of Massage Therapists of Prince Edward Island
FOMTRAC's members protect the public by regulating the practice of massage therapy in their respective provinces. Through FOMTRAC, regulators collaborate to promote the best regulatory practices, enhance public accountability, build consistency across the county, and support each other in responding to changes in massage therapy practice and regulation. We bring leadership to our profession by:
- Advancing best practices in massage therapy regulation;
- Developing and promoting a national strategy for consistent regulatory practices;
- Supporting research and evaluation that strengthens national standards;
- Promoting interprovincial mobility among massage therapists;
- Strengthening national networking and information sharing.
All massage therapy regulatory bodies that operate under provincial legislation in Canada are eligible to belong and contribute to the activities of FOMTRAC. Established in 2003, the organization is governed by a Board of Directors composed of registrars and/or FOMTRAC representatives from each of the provincial regulators.
In 2015, FOMTRAC was formally incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act).